Torbay Chess Congress - Venue
We are delighted that the 2017 Torbay Congress will be held at the Livermead House Hotel, Torquay.
Livermead House is located right on the Torquay seafront - a great location for stretching your legs between rounds. The hotel has a large free car park, which is available for Congress participants. The hotel is about 650m from Torquay Station - about an 8 minute walk.
The congress will take place in the Regency and Kingsley Suites, with comfortable space for up to 150 players. The adjacent Cockington Suite will be used as an analysis room.
With three bars offering lunchtime food and snacks, a luxurious dining room, and several comfortable lounges, and free WiFi in all public rooms, there is no need for Congress participants to leave the hotel - notwithstanding the delights of Torquay and the seafront.
During the Congress a special chess lunch will be offered to participants.
Livermead House will be offering a special package to congress participants, details of which will be announced in due course.
- B&B on the Friday and Saturday nights of the Congress (10th and 11th November 2017) is £60 pppn.
- Dinner, B&B on the Friday and Saturday nights of the Congress is £65 pppn.
- There is also the possibility of extending your stay (Thursday/Sunday) at an additional £55 pppn (B&B) for these extra nights, or £60 pppn (Dinner B&B).
- There is a £5 supplement for rooms with a sea view.
- Partners can enjoy a further £5 reduction on these rates.
Click here for a large Google map, and click here for directions on the hotel's website. Note: the Livermead House Hotel is not to be confused with the Livermead Cliff Hotel - the Livermead House Hotel is on the inland side of Torbay Road, whereas the Livermead Cliff Hotel is a few hundred metres further south (towards Paignton) and on the seaward side of the road.